Professional teeth whitening sessions can get you the white set of teeth you have always wanted. It involves using products that contain whitening agents like hydrogen peroxide and hydrogen carbamide to oxidize stains and remove them. What is the difference between professional teeth whitening treatments and the countless products sold at drug stores, you ask?…
Interesting Facts About Orthodontics
If your teeth need straightening, you should visit a certified orthodontics office for treatment. Orthodontics is a field of dentistry specifically concerned with straightening crooked or crowded teeth, treating malocclusions, correcting abnormalities in the mouth cavity, and fixing bite and jaw alignment. Having your teeth corrected can give you a more attractive appearance and a healthier mouth. If you are considering receiving straightening treatment in Springfield Township, you may be intrigued by these interesting facts about orthodontics.
- Only 5 percent of dentists practice orthodontics.
- Orthodontists receive years of specialized education in which they correctly learn how to straighten teeth. This additional education is required for all forms of orthodontics. If your general dentist suggests they can effectively straighten your teeth, visit our orthodontics office instead. Most orthodontists receive seven years of education following high school.
- Our orthodontics office in Springfield Township is up-to-date with the latest technology regarding the best methods for teeth straightening. We are constantly acquiring more knowledge regarding the best orthodontic practices.
- The American Association of Orthodontists suggests that children see an orthodontist by age seven at the latest. The earlier your child receives treatment, the sooner their growth development can be successfully and permanently corrected.
- Some adhesives used for attaching the brackets of braces actually release fluoride that can help strengthen and remineralize your teeth.
- If you do not go through a retention phase after having your braces removed, you are more likely to need braces again, as your teeth were not correctly and permanently repositioned without this phase.
- Some braces include the material nickel-titanium, which was actually developed by NASA scientists for its shape memory abilities.
- Lingual braces, a form of braces placed so they are invisible to others, were actually first called couture braces. Lingual braces work the same way as traditional braces, but the brackets and wiring adhere to the backside of your teeth.
- “Clear braces” are very similar to metal braces, but they blend in better with your teeth due to the ceramic components. Clear braces are translucent, so your natural tooth color shows through, eliminating most of the distracting metal that some patients dislike.
- There are actual floss picks created for braces wearers to make cleaning easier. You can also use a water pick to squirt out lodged food particles from in between teeth without having to navigate around your braces wires and brackets.
There are many factors that go into the potential success of orthodontics treatment. Age and health, genetics, bad habits like nail biting and teeth grinding, diet, missing teeth, stress, and responsibility of the patient can all affect the progress of orthodontics and the final result of a permanent straightening. These are reasons why it is so important to follow the instructions of your orthodontist faithfully and to make your investment count by following a treatment plan fully.
These are only a few of the interesting things you can learn about orthodontics. For more information about the services we provide in Springfield Township and the history of braces, visit our office for an appointment. You will soon have the beautifully straightened teeth you want!
Teeth whitening treatments are the fastest way to significantly improve the color of teeth, and the results can last for years depending on how well the person takes care of their mouth. These treatments are performed using chemicals with bleaching properties like hydrogen carbamide and hydrogen peroxide.The bleaching agents can remove stains from the outer…
Minor to moderate teeth stains can be removed with professional teeth whitening. However, to achieve ideal results, there are certain things to avoid after treatment, such as foods and drinks that can cause stains. The following overview discusses five things you should avoid to keep your smile bright after teeth whitening treatment.You can reduce the…
Teeth whitening is a way to improve the appearance of your smile by removing stains on highly visible teeth. Professional teeth whitening is performed either in the office or through at-home kits prescribed by the dentist. This review highlights the pros and cons of teeth whitening treatments. The benefits you receive from teeth whitening depend…